Integrative Medicine is an evidence-based healthcare approach that combines both conventional and complementary therapies to improve your body’s balance and function, using personalized strategies based on your unique needs for physical, mental and spiritual vitality.
These interventions are focused on treating the underlying cause of the problem, not just masking the symptoms.
Integrative Medicine is a specialized discipline where the treating clinician understands the science and inter-relationships among both conventional and complementary therapies - it is quite distinct from others that work in an integrated setting. In fact, the actual discipline of integrative medicine is often mistaken for integrated care, a general term describing a group of different practitioners in the same facility.
Overall, integrative medicine considers:
• Science-based medicine that connects the emerging research base to clinical practice.
• Patient-centered care rather than disease-focused treatment.
• Biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness, aware of internal and external factors that affect total functioning.
• Web-like interconnections among the body's physiological processes.
• Individually tailoring interventions to restore physiological, psychological, and structural balance.
• The early detection, prevention, treatment and reversal of age-related decline.
• Health as a positive vitality of physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing, not merely the absence of disease
All information included in this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended or suited to be a substitute for personalized advice from a qualified healthcare professional. This information should not be used to initiate any changes in medication, supplement, nutrition, lifestyle program or other treatment without supervised professional care.
Copyright 2013 vitalityintegrativemedicine.com. Updated 2020. All rights reserved.